Thursday, May 4, 2023

         'Woke.' A perfectly good word. A word that has had a definite meaning in the English language for a long time. Depending on your version, it appears a dozen times or more in the Bible. It meant just one thing until a few years ago. It meant the transition from sleep into consciousness. 

        But that has changed. Now it has been co-opted by the political culture. In that swirling cesspool of misery we call politics, it doesn't have a clear definition. If you are white, progressive and liberal, it means to be alert to social injustice and discrimination. If you are a different color or of a different social group, 'woke' can mean something else. You can apply it to anything you want in the political sense, so long as it is attached to the proper political narrative for your group.

        If you are a Christian, a conservative and/or (dare I say) normal, you are not 'woke.' You are the problem in society. You should be eradicated like the vermin you are. You stand in the way of a new world order. A time of like minds who believe and agree with whatever social media tells them to believe. 

        How many genders are there now? There used to be two, but 'woke' came along and changed things. A man can identify as a woman, a woman can identify as a man, OR, they can identify as neither or both at once. And that just scratches the surface of gender stupidity. People are identifying as animals, healthy people are identifying as handicapped and one group is identifying as space aliens. Actually, that last one may be true for the whole lot. Anything goes, anything is fine, unless you identify as Christian, conservative and/or (dare I say) normal.

        This is how stupid it is. I am a 67 year old white male. I am over weight, can't see well, I have diabetes, arthritis, vascular disease and sore feet. Let's say I wander into a bar and sit down next to a tall, willowy blond and say, "Hey baby, I identify as a 32 year old, 6'3" muscle bound athlete of any race you like, and I am looking for a good time. What do you say we blow this place and go somewhere fun?" And let's say that this blond is politically 'woke.' Have I got a date for that night? Afterall, I am identifying as something I certainly am not. Am I leaving with a tall, willowy blond? No, I am leaving in the back of an ambulance with a bruised and bloody face.

        The whole thing is not reality. The whole thing is stupid beyond belief. And they know it! It is just a way to tear away at the truth so the lie can be put forth. Once the lie is fully in place, the masses can be ruled with an iron fist.

        What can we do about it? (Uh-oh, now he is going to go all religious on us. And this blog was going so well.) I suppose I am going to go religious on you. I do not look at the world in a political way. It is not that we should 'vote the bums out.' We should pray that God intervenes. Prayer brought Peter and Paul and Silas out of prison, prayer brought fire down from heaven, prayer brought manna from heaven, prayer raised the dead. I believe this and I believe that God still speaks to us and responds to a praying people.

        But you are making it too easy! Really? Prayer is the hardest thing we can do. I don't mean praying the words. That is easy. I mean praying the words and then sitting back and breathing a sigh of relief knowing that you have given it over to God. Oh boy, THAT is hard!

        Of course, there is another aspect to this that you may not have considered. God's will. Not our will, but God's will. We pray for it, but if it is something other than our will, we feel God is not listening. We have prayed for change for years and nothing has happened. It has even gotten worse. Here's a thought. The USA does not appear in the Bible. Conservative Bible scholars have said for decades that in order for the end times to come, the USA has to diminish in some way and drop out of the world picture. Maybe this is God's will. Maybe the country is being diminished because God wills it.

        Well, then what!!??? Do we just let it happen? No. We pray about it and then let God deal with it. 

        I don't like any of this that is sweeping the country. But it doesn't keep me up at night. It is in God's hands. I would just mess it up.

                                                          

             

No comments:

Post a Comment